Entrepreneurs can be found in many walks of life, and successful entrepreneurs embody common characteristics which can be nurtured over time.
The spirit of entrepreneurship at King’s Lynn Academy underpins all aspects of academy life and focuses on developing the following entrepreneurial skills and attributes in our students;
- Risk Taking
- Problem Solving
- Team Work
The spirit of entrepreneurship at Kings Lynn Academy means;
- Promoting a positive attitude and a determination to succeed in all our students, staff and parents.
- Aiming for high standards in all academic areas with a focus on developing entrepreneurial skills in all curriculum areas
- Developing young people as active citizens and social entrepreneurs – Enterprise Society, Social Enterprise and Volunteering
- Working in partnership with local and national business community
We are developing an entrepreneurial capability in young people throughout our curriculum and via our unique extra curriculum offer; Enterprise Society.
We are aiming for high standards in all academic areas with a focus on creating entrepreneurially skilled employees of the future.
We are nurturing our young people as active citizens and social entrepreneurs. We work in partnership with the local and national business community to provide an innovative employer engagement programme.
Recognise and Reward
Our rewards programme is based on developing entrepreneurial and enterprising characteristics in our students and rewards those who demonstrate these skills and attitudes in their day-to-day Academy life, both in lessons and also in the extracurricular programmes offered.
Our Enterprise Society gives students an opportunity to apply the skills they are developing in their lesson.
What you can do
We believe there is a willingness on the part of the business community and employers to assist with developing the work readiness of our young people.
The Academy is developing a network of employers and business partners to provide very specific initiatives, which will include:
- Mentoring students
- Master classes in workplaces for Gifted and Talented students
- Curriculum support through real life projects
- Enterprise and career focus days
- ‘Day in the Life’ seminars
- ‘Start Up Story’ Programme
- Workplace taster days
- Curriculum linked visits to companies and workplaces
In addition, we are able to offer businesses dedicated space within the Academy to work alongside us in a mutually beneficial environment.
Students will get to talk directly to local business people and employers to develop the skills they will need to be successful in the future. For example; being involved in the Enterprise Society raises students’ personal achievement and adds to their CVs by allowing them to demonstrate their skills as successful young people.
Employer Engagement provides students with an opportunity to experience business, raising their aspirations in terms of future careers plans, as well as helping to develop their confidence and personal skills.
- Presents an excellent CPD opportunity for employees Business meeting at KLA
- Opportunity for individual sector promotion
- Chance to engage with future employees
- Opportunity to fulfil your Corporate Social Responsibility objectives
- Investing in your local community
- Being able to provide clear and relevant information and guidance to students
- Chance to influence educational provision
- Easy and co-ordinated procedures, dealing with our Entrepreneurship Coordinator
Enterprise Society is the specialism extracurricular offer, and has been created to support our young people through fun activities and challenges which will develop their skills and abilities in all areas of entrepreneurship. It takes place every Monday and Wednesday after school.
Students of all ages at King’s Lynn Academy are encouraged to join Enterprise Society.
Enterprise Society, with the support of the local business community, delivers a programme of events, entrepreneurial projects and activities. The experience gained by young people involved with Enterprise Society will stand them in very good stead for the future and give them a real opportunity to influence their own success. All students have the opportunity to gain an Enterprise Award as part of the Enterprise Society.
We are always looking to engage with business and positive role models to encourage and motivate our students to do their best and aim high. If you would like to find out more, or feel you can support the specialism, please get in contact for further details.